Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week #11 - Missionary Life :)‏

This leave was bigger than my face!! It was just so cool that I had to get a picture
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Gday Everyone! :) You all should be proud of me....I have killed 2 spiders in the past four days!! Only a little squealing was involved :) But I did it!
I hope you all are having a fantastic week! Yesterday was a national holiday and we were unable to write yesterday but its all good because I can now!
This week has been so amazing! I can't believe that it has gone by so quickly but Australia is ABSOLUTELY the best!!! Everything here is so great and I am adjusting really great :)
So this week I got the opportunity to get sick...once again while being on a mission! It was definitely a great experience..but all is well and I am healthy once again!
We have been going through our area book and getting to know the members very well in this area because Sister Bennett and I were whitewashed into this area (we know nothing). The first 3 days we spent completely in our flat figuring out who the Elders were teaching before we got there...the Elders did not keep good records. I have learned that if you do not keep good records the missionaries after you really don't like you! Haha the Elders that were in our flat before us are scared of Sister Bennett because she has had to clean up their mess! 
The members in the ward are honestly the best people that I have met! We didn't go one day without a meal this week and we had more people calling us asking if we had dinner appointments, I had a member offer to teach me Spanish so I am learning that :), they are more than willing to take us anywhere that we need or pick us up at any time, and they make sure that we are always doing good! The ward is a great place :)
I absolutely love it here in Australia! :D
One thing that I have learned in the last week is the Christlike attribute of Patience. Satan has really been trying with me the past few days especially with getting sick. I felt like I just couldn't keep going any longer and Satan was truly being annoying. I prayed so hard and kept feeling one way that I just didn't want to be feeling. I read in Preach My Gospel about the Christlike attributes and found that I was lacking in quite a few of them...well that is going to change very quickly :) I had been relying too much on myself rather than in the Lord and giving my everything to him. I definitely learned a very valuable lesson this week with many many more!! 
I love yous all heaps and can't wait to hear from yous! :)
Have a great week!!
Ofa Atu,
Sister Rose


These are the beautiful birds that are always outside our flat :)

The weather here is so off and on...It poured for an entire day and we were stuck inside for most of it :/ It rains so very hard!!
Here is one of the spiders I courageously killed :) It got to drown in dish soap (You're welcome Dad for the picture ;)

These are my Sister Training Leaders :) They are so hilarious and are just the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment