Monday, May 2, 2016

Week #5 - Upstate New York :)‏

Hi Everyone! :)

I don't even know where to start for this week! This week has flown by but then gone so slow at the same time! Crazy how there are days that feel like weeks but then I get home and realize what a great day it really has been! Most of the days were spent out contacting people or trying to have lessons! It was a great week! :)
 

We did not get lost like we did last week..thank goodness :) This week we went on Exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders and that was a blast! It was good for me to also get to know other people in this mission because I am still trying to get to know most of the Elders and Sisters here! The Sister Training Leaders are absolutely amazing though! The sister that I was companions with has been getting ready to head home tomorrow! So she was professional and taught me a lot :) I am still working on my confidence to talk to everyone I see but I am slowly but surely getting there :) She was able to help me feel confident in talking to everyone we saw, talking to people in door approaches, and knocking at every door that I feel prompted too! It is really hard since I struggle with being shy and quiet but I will become better as I put my trust in the Lord! My area is so great! The ward that I am in is really small compared to the other wards that I have ever been in, but the people are so sweet and so willing to let the missionaries come over and teach a FHE. We had dinner at a families house this week and they have a legit farm! They have pretty much everything! They even have a 40 pound African Tortoise! It was so much fun and they are so awesome! It has been very rainy the past couple days and that puts a damper in missionary work but it must press on! So we haven't done much tracting this week but we have done lots of contacting!Yesterday was Fast Sunday and I can't even begin to say how grateful I am for this gospel and the joy that it brings to my life! I just can't wait to actually share it with people who are interested :) Yesterday the lesson in Relief Society was holding grudges and forgiveness! I truly needed that lesson mostly because I had been pretty bitter towards some family members at home but after this lesson I realized that it does nothing for me to dwell on it when they aren't truly making effort. I was so very grateful for that lesson and I hope you all can remember that holding a grudge is like putting a rock in your backpack of life :) It does nothing but weigh you down! We might as well move on and just enjoy the daily joys in life!I love you all and hope you all have had a great week! The weeks really do go by so fast and are going faster and faster! I love being a missionary and couldn't ask for a better experience in life right now :)  
Sister Rose
At the Families farm they had baby goats and they were the cutest things I have ever seen!!! :)
This is Uguay the 40 pound turtle! It is so awesome!



 These are the Sister Training Leaders! Sister Collette is the taller one and Sister Pange has the longer hair :)


No comments:

Post a Comment